Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Sweet Candy Straws

Happy Hump Day!  It's Kristine with you again, and today I have a super cute, super EASY craft that kids of all ages will love!  Take a look at these adorable candy straws:




Aren't these cute?  Who wouldn't love to get one of these?  Let me show how incredibly easy they are to make!

The first thing you need to do is get some of these cellophane bags.  I got mine from GT Bag - these are the 1"x8" lip and tape bags.  They're only $4 for 100 bags - you can't beat that deal!  Here's the product number, in case you can't find them on the site:


The next thing to do is decide what you want your topper image to be.  I'm a teacher and my students take their big state exams next month, so I thought a little encouragement in the form of superheroes would be appropriate - enter Sweet Stamp Shop's Girl Power and Super Boy stamp sets!  I stamped the hero figures on white cardstock and cut them out with a 2" circle punch.


Next, I colored the figures and attached them to colored cardstock cut with a 2-1/4" scalloped circle punch:


And then it was time to assemble!  I filled each bag with Skittles to the top (any candy about the same size as Skittles will work; I've also used plain m&m's), then peeled off the tab and folded down the top to seal them.




Then I added a little adhesive to the back of the toppers (I used glue dots) and stuck them on the top of the bags.  Voila! SUPER awesome candy treats that I know my students will enjoy.

The amazing thing about this project is that the applications are truly almost limitless - they can be made as any kind of party favor (retirement, birthday, baby shower, you name it!); and grouped together in a mason jar or other cute container, they'd make perfect centerpieces, too!


I hope you guys liked this project - if you decide to make your own candy straws, please tag me on Facebook (Kristine Bryant) or on Instagram (@teachplancraft).  I'd love to see what you do with this idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment