Search This Blog

Sunday, April 3, 2016

15 Minute Dashboard

Hi everyone, it's Jes here. Have you ever been in a crafting mood, but only had fifteen minutes to spare?  Most of the time I just end up waiting till I have time to sit down and work. But sometimes, when I'm stressed, taking that little tiny bit of me time and making something pretty, makes all the difference in my day.

I'm going to show you how I made a fun dashboard for my planner in just a few short minutes. The fun thing about this smaller dashboard is that it can easily become a card when I am ready for a change in my planner.
You'll need:  A fun piece of paper cut down to card size. Mine is 4.25 x 5.5. Stamps of your choice, embossing powder, a heat tool, embossing ink, and clips for your planner. 

Ink up your stamp and stamp it on your paper.  I love my Fiskars Stamp Press for lining things up just right. 
Cover the image generously with embossing powder.  I find that if I fold a piece of printer paper and give it a good crease, before opening it up to emboss on it, it is much easier to pour the powder back in the jar.  
Once you've tapped off the excess powder and put it back in the jar, heat set your project till the embossing powder melts. 
I used a tombow marker and a water brush to add a super fast color wash to my piece because I thought it looked boring.  
It was still missing a little something, and I decided to add my April motto to the card, "Dare To Dream" using the Mixed Alpha stamp set from Sweet Stamp Shop. 
Finally, I added my Spiral Snaps and slipped it into my planner.  All total the project took me eighteen minutes, and that includes digging out supplies, and taking photographs. 



Supply List:
Stamps- Mixed Alpha and Across the Miles from Sweet Stamp Shop
Ink - Versamagic
Stamp Press - Fiskars
Spiral Clips - Spiral Snaps
Embossing Powder - Mine is from Michaels 




No comments:

Post a Comment