Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Wedding Card Featuring Lawn Fawn






Hello everyone. It's Jes again, here today with a fun wedding card I put together for a friend. I leave early Saturday morning to take my first train trip across country for a wedding. I wanted a fun card that reminded me of my friend, but that was fairly simple, since most of my craft supplies are packed in my bag.

My supplies include:
      Bake Me A Cake from Lawn Fawn
      Home Sweet Home also from Lawn Fawn
      Pray For Us (the small boy and girl) from Sweet Stamp Shop
      Black Licorice Ink from Lawn Fawn
      Papers from one of the Let's Polka collection from Lawn Fawn, (the ones I used are retired now)
      A Gyro-Cut from Amazon
      And some Tombow markers.

The first thing I did, was stamp out the cake bits from Bake Me A Cake on different patterned papers. I made sure to alternate the sizes on the papers so that my final project would be turquoise/yellow/turquoise/yellow which are the wedding colors. I pulled in a bit of pink paper as an accent color. This will be the stand, and later a little Congrats banner on the cake.

I didn't want to leave my background plain white, so I used my tombows and some watercolor paper to add a fun smooshed background. (Here is the link to my Ink Smooshing tutorial.)
Next up, I had to cut out all my cake layers. I love my little gyro tool for cutting out stamped images.  It's the next best thing to having a die cut machine. Kristine has a great little example clip of the gyro in action on her IG, @teachplancraft. Once my paper was dry, I adhered it to my card base, then added my cake pieces. 
I thought it looked a little plan still, so I pulled out the mini boy and girl from the Sweet Stamp Shop Pray For Us set and turned them into a bride and groom. Those itty bitty things were HARD to cut out! But definitely worth it in the end. They tied the whole card together.  

Thanks for reading! I'll be back on May 2nd with a post about my DIY travel journal, and how I used it to plan my upcoming trip, and document my first train trip.  :) 







No comments:

Post a Comment