Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Blending Colored Pencils with Gamsol

Hey, everyone!  It's Kristine with you again today, and I've got a video for you on how to blend your colored pencils with gamsol.  We all want to color our stamped images and make them look smooth and seamless, but colored pencils can be fickle to shade and blend just right.  Enter gamsol, a magical substance that will give your colored pencils a beautifully smooth blended look every time, with barely any effort!  I hope the video is helpful - enjoy, and happy coloring!


(A quick note about paper and ink - I used Versafine ink in Onyx Black for these images.  It works well with the gamsol and doesn't smear.  Most inks I've tried work fine, but you should do a test if you're planning to use something other than Versafine, just to make sure it works okay.  As for paper, the smoother the paper, the better the blending.  I have found that papers with more "tooth" don't allow the blending to be as seamless and smooth.  I used plain white smooth cardstock in the video; I've also used gamsol on sticker paper with great results.)

No comments:

Post a Comment