Search This Blog

Saturday, February 6, 2016

Welcome to our new blog! Before we begin our first post, we would like to say a few words. And here they are: "Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!"  (Oh wait, that was Albus Dumbledore. But one can hardly argue with a wordsmith such as he!)  

We are Kristine and Jes. A little bit about us:

I'm Kristine, an 8th grade math teacher in northern Virginia.  After spending all day with 124 hormonal teenagers, I love to go to my craft room (aka my Happy Place) and start creating!  I like to travel whenever I can, and I love to visit new places, both near and far. I discovered the world of planning and stamps in 2015 and have been working since then to collect all the planner things!!  Spending time planning, making cards, and just generally being creative is what recharges me and gives me energy. Follow me on IG @teachplancraft

And I'm Jes. I'm a Portrait Photographer who specializes in senior portraits, with a love of fine art work. I've been married for almost six years and have a four year old daughter. My job allows me to set hours around my daughter's schedule and work from a home office when I'm not out on the job. I started planning to keep my life together, and I started crafting as a way to relax after a long work day. I've been a planner girl since highschool, but discovered artistic planning in January of 2015. I found planner stamps in the summer of 2015 and never looked back. I love the crisp, clean look they give to planners, as well as the versatility they allow. I also love that I can use as many stamps as I want and they will not bulk up my planner. Planning keeps me organized and on track.  Decorative planning, and crafting keep me sane. You can follow me on IG @jes_planning

We're super excited to be here sharing our very first blog post with you!  In true 21st century fashion, we met on the internet, or more specifically, through Facebook, sharing our mutual love of stamps and planners. Our first actual conversation happened when we discovered that we were both studying Italian through Duolingo. (Jes is 38% fluent; Kristine has a lot of catching up to do!) We discovered that we were in a lot of the same Facebook planning groups, and started stalking, er liking each others' planner spreads and stamping crafts. It wasn't long before we realized that we had quite a bit in common, and chose to become friends.  This friendship led to us becoming joint admins of the Sweet Stamp Shop Fan Club Facebook group, along with one other super sweet lady. We each mentioned wanting to start a blog and a YouTube channel, but both felt a little overwhelmed at the responsibility of either undertaking. So, we joined forces to share the load! Along with the blog, we have plans to create that YouTube channel as well, so stay tuned.

We share several similar hobbies and addictions.  We both love to plan, and we especially love to decorate our planners with stamps. (Kristine has an Inkwell Press flex for day-to-day planning and a MAMBI fitness planner to track food and exercise; Jes has an Inkwell Press Flex for day-to-day planning and a custom made Faux-dori insert for business planning.) We also love to create various crafts with our stamps, such as cards, magnets, menu cards, picture frame white boards, journal/note cards, and other cute crafts. We also share a non-craft related love (okay, obsession) with Harry Potter. We'll be devoting this blog to showing picture by picture plan with me's as well as step by step crafts.

Here's a sneak peek of the types of crafty things you can expect to see from us in future blog posts. Enjoy! 














No comments:

Post a Comment