Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Hi everyone! Jes here, with a quick little birthday card tutorial. I used the Super Boy, and the Happy Birthday stamps sets from Sweet Stamp Shop to create this cute little card for my husband's birthday.

I knew when I started that I wanted to have the little super hero on a background of stars or clouds.  While flipping through my rather embarrassingly large collection of paper I found this lovely starry paper from Lawn Fawn. It was perfect.  

I used a blank card from Michaels that I've had in my stash for a while. I measured an inch from the top and two inches from each side and used my paper trimmer to cut out my rectangle fairly quickly. After a few practice runs with a blank sheet of paper it was pretty easy to cut out my shape. 


I then cut a matching piece from my star paper, but just a bit bigger so that it could be glued to the inside of my card. 

After attaching the starry background to the inside of my card, I used the Happy Birthday stamp set and some white card stock to create the little banner sentiment, and glued that in place as well. 

After stamping out my little super hero with Lawn Fawn Black Licorice Ink, I fussy cut him out and used my Tombow Dual Brush Markers to color him in.  


My final step was securing him in place with a few foam dots to add a pop of dimension. 

All in all, discounting time to take photos the card took about twenty minutes start to finish.


Supplies Used.

Paper- Lawn Fawn Beachside Collection and a card base from Michaels
Ink - Lawn Fawn Black Licorice 
Markers - Tombow Dual Brush Pens
Stamps - Happy Birthday and Super Boy from Sweet Stamp Shop
Acrylic Block - Sweet Stamp Shop Round Block
Paper Trimmer - Fiskars 12 IN Paper Trimmer (Not the one I have, but this one is better)

No comments:

Post a Comment