Search This Blog

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Good morning, friends, and Happy Valentine's Day!  It's Kristine with you today, and I'm going to give you a quick step-by-step tutorial on how I laid out my fitness planner for next week.  I was lucky enough to snag one of the Me and My Big Ideas fitness planner boxed sets from Michaels in December, and I absolutely LOVE how it keeps me accountable and helps me to stay on track! (I'm not sure if MAMBI is still making these, but even if they're not, you could adapt what I've done here to just about any planner.) Here's what the finished week looks like before I write in it:


Simple and clean, but also pretty to help keep me motivated!

So let's get started.  Here's what the planner looks like undecorated:



Each week, my basic design is the same.  I begin by taking the pages out of the planner (the disc-bound system is REALLY great for this), then choosing and putting down my washi tape.  This helps me decide on a color palette for the week.  For those curved areas on the left, I lay down the washi and use a craft knife to carefully cut just through the washi layer and peel up the excess.  It's a little tedious, but I love how clean it looks:


Here's what the page looks like when all the washi is down:


Next, since I've covered up the day headers at the top, I create my own header flags.  For this layout, I used Studiol2e's Flag Builder set to create 2-layer headers on sticker paper.  I started by stamping the solid flag in VersaMagic chalk ink (Mango Madness), then adding an outline flag in Brilliance ink (Pearlescent Ivy):



To complete the flags, I used Sweet Stamp Shop's Mixed Alpha set to indicate the days of the week, stamped in black:


Since the inks take a little longer to dry on sticker paper than on regular paper, I set the day flags aside for a bit while I worked on the rest of the layout.  I used Sweet Stamp Shop's Plan to Eat and Title Script sets to stamp in meals, the water tracker at the very bottom, and the "today" header in the gray areas (this area is meant to be used to track exercise, but since it's so cold outside and I'm a wimp, I'm using it right now to track my emotions and feelings about food):


I also used the little check box from one of Sweet Stamp Shop's retired sets (but any little box will do) to create check boxes for my weekly goals and to indicate if I've kept to my eating plan each day:


We're almost done! I cut out and stuck on the day flags, stamped a scale for my weigh-in on Sunday (from Sweet Stamp Shop's Plan Fitness set), and added a cute motivational sticker in the notes section.  And that's it!  My weekly layout is ready to go, done in under an hour, and the cuteness factor will keep me coming back to it day after day (and when you're talking about fitness goals, keeping with it is the key!).


Remember what it looked like before?  Yeah, I definitely like the cuteness better!

Thanks for joining me today!  We'd love to hear what you think, so feel free to drop us a line in the comments.  Here's to all of us meeting our fitness and health goals, whatever they may be!



No comments:

Post a Comment