Search This Blog

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Hey everyone, its Jes! I'm here today to show you how I plan each week in my Inkwell Press Flex Planner.  I love sticky notes. They are my third favorite planner accessory, the first being stamps and the second pens. Whenever anything comes up that I need or want to remember I jot it down on a sticky note and pop it in place.


After a lot of practice and working through what I actually took the time to write down from week to week, I came up with a basic layout style that works well for me.  I like a bit of washi in the bottom for decoration and occasionally a strip of skinny washi down the side.  My planner mainly tracks habits.  I used the Basic Tabs stamp set to add in boxes for three of my habits. I like to set three goals for myself every day. I love the Plan Script set from Sweet Stamp Shop (retired) for setting this up.

Then I used several of the Plan sets from Sweet Stamp Shop to finish setting up my planner (see end of post for links).  I track my piano practices, language practice (I'm learning Italian), art projects, and the book I am currently reading in the main spread. In the three boxes to the side I track chores, daily activities with my four year old daughter, and finances. 

My notes section varies from week to week.  If I have a lot of things I want to accomplish I use it as a running to do list for the current week and the following week. Other times I'll add a quote or stamp some decorations.  This week I needed the to do lists. 

I love the look of the gorgeously decorated spreads with tons of color,  but I found that they just don't work for me.  I'm a very functional planner. I use a bit of washi and a bold ink color to make my planner pretty, and keep it clean enough that I'll actually use it.  This is the final spread. 


Supplies:
*Piano Stamp from Mommy Lhey







No comments:

Post a Comment