Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Crafting Supply Inventory

Hi everyone! It's Jes again! Have you see the new Art Collection stamp set from Sweet Stamp Shop? It is the perfect little stamp set for creating an inventory of my crafting supplies. I picked it up a few weeks ago, and haven't really had a chance to work with it. This week, I've been working on reorganizing my craft room.  Now that everything has it's on place, I needed a simple way to keep track of what I already had.  To track my stamps, I have a digital album that I can reference when I am shopping.  I needed something for my inks, markers, colored pencils, and pens that I could take along with me when I was out trying to spend all my money at craft stores. ;) I decided to make a simple little booklet that would fit in my purse, but also worked with my faux-dori travelers notebook when I take that out and about.
You'll need: Printer paper, pretty card stock, a rotating stapler (get a good one, mine is junk and I silently scold myself every time I use it), and a rotary blade or xacto knife. Optional, but very helpful items are a bone folder and a scoring board. (See below for links.)

Step one:  Score all the paper (one at a time) at 5 1/2 inches. Fold and crease firmly with your bone folder.
Step two: Add all the folded printer paper inside your cardstock cover, and crease firmly.  Then staple the pages together.  
Step three: Trim off the overhang from the side of your book if it bothers you. I tried to use my paper trimmer but my book was too think so I ended up using my rotary cutter.
Step four: Decorate your cover, if you so desire. Looking at mine here, I realize I forgot to finish adding in my markers and pencils for that final little pop, but that's an easy fix.
Last but not least, fill the pages with anything your heart desires. :) I have a similar book for my grocery shopping. One that I use as a journal of sorts, and another holds my running to do lists.  I have some for gift tracking/wishlists for my family and friends, one for quotes and things that inspire me, and a bucket list for my family.  They are perfect for tracking pretty much anything. 
 And a close up just because I really love these little markers from the set!

What would you use a little insert booklet like this for? 

Supplies:
Stamp set: Art Collection
Paper: Any printer paper will work
Cardstock: I bought a pack of 8x11 card stock from Walmart
Stapler: Rotating Stapler
Bone folder: Craft bone folder






No comments:

Post a Comment