Search This Blog

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Hey everyone! It's Jes. This has been a crazy week! I tried a couple times to put together a Plan With Me video and it just was not working the way I wanted. So instead, I decided to put together a simple little card using the new Adventure Awaits stamp set from Sweet Stamp Shop.  Isn't it just the cutest set?

I wanted something super simple, that I could do in bulk (I ended up making five just like this.) Now that my daughter is in school, she receives invitations to birthday parties fairly often and it's nice to have a few cards on hand to send with the gift she chooses. Start with a simple card base. I used some pre-made cards from Michaels (that I cannot find the link to anywhere :/), and some white card stock for the little Adventure critters. I also used the Happy Birthday set, also from Sweet Stamp Shop, to add the sentiments. I stamped out several sets of Happy Birthday and the critters.


Up next was coloring my little animals.  I love Tombow markers. I own all but six from their collection.  They are my go to coloring tool.  I had so much fun coloring the little animals, too!


I have to admit, my favorite part of this project was using my new Gyro-Cut Tool to kiss cut the animals.  It took me about a minute to cut out each little one, and you can see how clean it cuts.  I always hated fussy cutting, there were times I didn't want to do a craft because I knew I'd have to cut out the shapes and stamped images.  This tool changed my crafting.  What would take several minutes to fussy cut takes a minute or less now.  I can do twice as many crafts, now. If you don't have it, I highly recommend buying it!


Finally, I glued my critters in place. The card looked just a bit bare, so I added in a couple of the cute sentiments that came with the stamp set. It added the perfect final touch. From start to finish this card took 17 minutes to complete. I love fast craft projects.  Don't you?








Supply List:
     Stamps - Sweet Stamp Shop
                        Happy Birthday
                        Adventure Awaits
     Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
     Cutter - Gyro-Cut
     Acrylic Block - Round Acrylic Block
     Glue - Mono Multi Liquid Glue
     Cards - Pre-made set that I found at Michaels





No comments:

Post a Comment